Mind Jersey provides residential support for individuals with severe and enduring mental illness who may find it difficult to cope with daily life without the kind of helping hand that Mind Jersey can offer.
We own and manage a range of residential opportunities within the community for those who require help with a place to live. Ranging from fully staffed round the clock residential care to independent accommodation where we simply act as an understanding landlord.
Camelot Residential home
Camelot provides 24hr supported living adults with severe and enduring mental illness in a warm, domestic setting. We work in partnership with families and other professionals and we pride ourselves in providing a person centred, empowering service model. We are committed to supporting our residents to build a meaningful life for themselves and to increase their opportunities to build a life beyond illness. We offer a range of support, including:
- Emotional support and guidance to create and maintain coping strategies.
- Assistance to develop a recovery plan
- Encouragement and support to access community and social activities
- Encouragement and support to develop or expand social networks
- Administration of medication
- Encouragement & support to manage and administer own medication
- Accompaniment to appointments, shops, banks etc with the future goal of attending alone
- Practical coaching in daily living skills such as cooking, cleaning, budgeting, personal hygiene
- Referral to other specialist services
- Advice and guidance with form-filling
- Support with budgeting and daily living skills
- Access to social activities
Camelot is governed by the Nursing and Residential Homes (Jersey) Law 1994, which ensures on-going quality management of the home.
Mind Jersey also owns and manages a range of rental accommodation within the community for people with mental illness who need help with a place to live. We do not provide any direct support, we purely act as an “understanding landlord”.
For more information please contact Julia Whitmore:
T: 01534 789404 E: firstname.lastname@example.org