What is Jersey Talking Therapies (JTT)?
JTT provides psychological therapies for people who are resident in Jersey. The treatments offered are recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE).
What are psychological therapies?
Psychological therapies are forms of treatment which involve talking to a qualified professional in order to help you overcome your difficulties.
Psychological therapies are based on the idea that talking to a professional provides people with an opportunity to explore their thoughts and feelings and how they relate to behaviour, mood and psychological wellbeing. JTT offers a range of therapy approaches either face to face or over the telephone including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Counselling and Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT).
Who is it for?
JTT is for people over the age of 18 years who feel anxious, worried, low or sad. This can include people who have issues such as depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, phobias, panic and post-traumatic stress disorder or mild to moderate alcohol use.
What can I expect?
- To get easy access to talking treatment
- To talk to a qualified professional confidentially about your issues
- To be listened to without judgement
- To be assessed and offered the right type of therapy at the right time by the right person
- To get access to psycho-educational courses on managing mood, anxiety, emotions or sleep
How can I be referred?
If you would like to be referred to Jersey Talking Therapies please ask your GP to refer you.